Sunday, September 13, 2009

Karl Fisch: Is It Okay to Be a Technologically Illiterate Teacher?

"Is It Okay to be a Technologically Illiterate Teacher?"
Source: Karl Fisch

alt=""






After reading the post published by Mr. Fisch, I found it to be a very straight forward piece. He seems to drive home his point of view. Although, I found it to be encouraging. I am a teacher who is returning to the teaching field after several years of being a stay-at-home mom. It is amazing to see how far technology has come while I was raising my babies. I feel as if I have a lot of "catching up to do." I am a self motivated person with a lot of enthusiasm and energy and usually do not back down from task easily. However, I am finding the learning of all of the new inventions of technology overwhelming. I also a dedicated persona and a very driven person on making my teaching a better thing for my students. So, I will continue to reach out and strive to learn as I go. Mr. Fisch's piece encourages me to do just that.

I liked what he stated when that technology should be all of the education, but used a indispensable tool for teaching. It should help us learn and grow to be better students and teachers. It is, after all. a part of everything we do today...even communication. He referred technology illiterate teachers to teachers from 30 years ago who could not read or write. At first, it is okay, and one can still "get by." Then, it reaches a point of providing more opportunities to finally becoming a point of reaching success or not. To teach it, we have to implement it. We should model it to our students by experiencing and exploring it with our students. By doing this, we are demonstrating to them the positive effect of continuous learning. I hope that you will take the time to read his post at http://thefischbowl.blogspot.com/2007/09/is-it-okay-to-be-technologically.html. He won an award for this piece.

2 comments:

  1. Good, but.... please correct first sentence.... should be Mr. Fisch ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, please make graphic ADA accessible. Remember... TITLE = "Graphic retrieved from..."

    ReplyDelete