Monday, September 7, 2009

Improvements on Podcasting

I enjoyed watching the podcast which was done by Dr. Strange and his fellow students. It gave me some insight on podcasting. However, I did notice a few changes that I would make to improve the podcast. During the first part of the podcast, students were giving introductions. They were looking down as if reading their introductions or looking at each other. I think this should be done speaking to the camera. This way, the audience who is watching could see their faces. It would make it seem as if they were speaking to YOU!

I personally thought the podcast was a little monotone. I would create more expression in my reviews and insights. The students seemed to look away as they were speaking. They looked down a lot when others were talking. Kitty seemed to do a better job with expression in her voice. I enjoyed hearing her the best. Although I received information about the ways of becoming a better technology teacher, I found it hard to pay attention with the little expression. I also think, I would make the background a little more interesting. For example, using props that relate to the subject matter on which we were addressing. With more expression and creativity, I think the attention of the audience would be better captured.

The interview was full of interesting facts and information on becoming a better technology teacher. It provided ways of sharing building blocks of learning and putting them into use in your classroom. If you would like to know how to become a better technology teacher, please view Dr. Strange's podcast on the following link: http://edm310podcasts.blogspot.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment