Sunday, August 23, 2009

Did You Know? 3.0

Wow! It is amazing at how fast the pace of technology has become in our country. What did we do before it came along? One amazing thing to me was seeing how many songs were downloaded while I watched this short 5-6 minute video. The video stated that technology changes so much every two years. I wonder how do we keep up with the latest inventions. What is this doing to our children? I worry that we as parents and educators are not able to guide them to use their intellectual potential as much as they could. Technology is a wonderful thing and we should use it for enhancement, but not as our only resource.

The video also referred to people having many different jobs by the age of 38. It stated that one out of four workers stay with the same employment for more than a year. These statistics are quite different compared to our past generations. Although technology enhances our world, it may also hinder those in the work force who are not able to perform the task that employers can utilize through technology. For example, when I call a company I often get an automated system that tells me I can seek guidance on their website. Instead, I may prefer to speak with an employee. The "personal" greeting and directory have been removed.

No comments:

Post a Comment